Sunday, June 26, 2011

Complete and Utterly Silly Happiness

Ugh, I have no idea why, but lately, I have just been feeling so damn happy!  My goodness, I didn't know I was capable of it!  I'm generally a happy enough guy, but for some reason, the last few days have been giddy, silly happiness.  I'm loving it.

Quick recap of the week:  New friends, lots of old movies, swimming in the canal behind my house, streaking through the sand dunes at midnight, shopping for cars that I can't afford but my dad can, getting some overtime pay at work, and a fair amount of eye candy (especially at the Audi dealer.  Rawr).

A quick funny story:

Yesterday, I was hanging out with Amber and Lucas.  They told me to come eat Lucas' birthday cake for them so they don't eat the whole thing and get all fat, and you do not have to ask me twice to have some free food, especially if it's ice cream cake.

So as we're sitting in their living room and talking through mouths full of ice cream and Reese's, we started talking about how all of the men in my family but me go by their middle names.  They asked what mine was and I said, "It's [common biblical name]," to which Amber replied, "Oh, I love that name.  I want to name a son that, but Lucas doesn't won't let me because every guy he knows with that name is gay."  Then, after a beat, her eyes lit up and she exclaimed, "Wait, you're gay!  It's true!"  She said it with the zeal and glee of a little kid.

Honestly, it took me a second to understand what she had said.  And after a beat and a quick wash of embarrassment, I started laughing like a hyena!  It was honestly one of the funniest and most surreal experiences I've had in a long, long time, and it tickled me just right.  I threw my hands up in the air and said, "Damn you, parents!  It's your fault I'm gay!"

Immediately after saying it, Amber and Lucas both looked a little embarrassed, but for no good reason.  It was fun being myself and laughing about it with them.  I don't even really do that with my family or other friends who know, so it was refreshing.  Amber texted me a few hours later, apologizing for her comment, but she didn't need to even a little bit.  I feel completely comfortable around them and I hope they feel the same way about me.

The best part about this happiness is that I'm not even dreading the moment the other shoe drops, like I usually do when I'm on an upswing.  I'm just gonna enjoy riding this wave as long as I can and thank everyone in my life for contributing to this awesome high I've been feeling.

Sidenote:  I think I'm finally falling in love.  After a year of pain and heart(breakdowns), my car and I are starting to understand each other.  I quote Buddy the Elf:  "I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!"  (Don't bother pointing out how sick I am, I already know.)

Wishing happiness on y'all as I go to bed tonight.  Keep the cheer!

2 comments:

  1. Elf is one of the best movies ever created.

    I am so glad you are so happy! Rub a little off on me, will ya? No idea why I've been so down lately, and I am getting sick of it! Joy cometh in the morning, right?

    Thanks for your email!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rachel
    Yes, joy cometh in the morning, but if the morning's too far away and you want to just vent a little in the meantime, hit me up! gay mormon pioneer at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Be nice, mmmmkay? I allow anonymous comments, but not anonymous (or even attributed) douchebaggery. The Gay Mormon Pioneer's tolerance for hate and venom are incredibly low, but his love of communication and debate are high, so have an opinion, but be kind and gentle when you share it.

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...