Sunday, January 22, 2012

Something to Check Off the Bucket List

Full disclosure: This post is rife with pride and vanity

A few days ago, I was watching a movie with some friends, a movie that starred an actor who I find very attractive.  Without dwelling on it too much, he's quite simply the ideal male, everything I want to be physically, and just plain fun to look at anyway. I was thinking about how good he looks and all that and a funny thought popped into my head that someday, I'd like to be good-looking enough that someone would want me from a strictly physical standpoint.  To be sure, I've had my share of admirers, but most of those came in time, after they'd had a chance to get to know my great personality and quirky-sexy side. I wanted something different this time. I believe the words I used in my head were, "Someday, I hope I'm hot enough to set someone's loins on fire..."

Fast forward to last night. I was downtown with some friends at a trendy spot for hip young things like ourselves, waiting an hour and a half for a table. We got seated and fairly rapidly started racking up a nice, trendy bill and having a good time. One of the topics of conversation was who would make your "list," the end-all list of people you'd hit on or hook up with if the rules didn't apply (I lied and said things like Scarlett Johansson, Zooey Deschanel, and Natalie Portman, instead of Chris Pine). After about two hours of great service and delicious dinner and dessert, we squared up our bill and parted ways.

As my gal pal and I were driving away, laughing at our entertaining evening, she got a text from one of our friends, whom I hadn't seen in about a year. She said, "Wow, GMP really got hot. I think he just jumped to the top of my list."

Loins of the world, consider yourselves ignited.

1 comment:

Be nice, mmmmkay? I allow anonymous comments, but not anonymous (or even attributed) douchebaggery. The Gay Mormon Pioneer's tolerance for hate and venom are incredibly low, but his love of communication and debate are high, so have an opinion, but be kind and gentle when you share it.

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...