Sunday, April 24, 2011

Not-So-Straight Moment

Full disclosure, this is gonna be a really metro/gay post.  I'm not a big fashionista and I'm not super label-conscious, but I like to think that I've cultivated a very specific style for myself and I love shopping for clothes that fit that style.  I love clothes.  Love love love.

My loving and considerate mother outdid herself this year.  I got two packages from her yesterday which I only just picked up today, one for my birthday last week and one for Easter today.

For my birthday, she sent a pair of Lucky jeans. Over Spring Break, she gave me a shopping trip for my birthday since I needed some new clothes.  One day, she sent me to the mall and asked jocularly that I keep the tab below a grand, haha.  After $100 worth of new shoes, pants, and shirts, I came home a little dejected because I couldn't find any deals on Lucky jeans, which are my faves.  I used to have to wear them in high school because they were the only jeans that fit my lanky legs and I got spoiled, so now that I'm a bit fuller, the cheap jeans that fit don't cut the mustard.  But I just can't justify spending more than $40 on what is essentially a work garment.

In any case, my awesome mom sent out a pair of Luckys because she knows I like 'em.  I just hope she didn't spend retail for them, haha.

Sidenote:  I'd like Luckys a lot more if I was sexually active, haha.  Something about the "Lucky You" emblazoned on a patch inside the fly makes me really look forward to getting married and have the wife unzip those pants.

I guess this ended up being a pretty straight post after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, mmmmkay? I allow anonymous comments, but not anonymous (or even attributed) douchebaggery. The Gay Mormon Pioneer's tolerance for hate and venom are incredibly low, but his love of communication and debate are high, so have an opinion, but be kind and gentle when you share it.

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...