Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Backstory: 2011-?

Finally moving towards something, I started my second wave of schooling in January of 2011. So excited to be back in school again, I actually did very well, getting As and A-minuses in all of my classes (theretofore uncharted territory in my academic career). I grew to love my new alma mater, and while friends were few and far between for the first few months, I enjoyed my life there. It was a lonely few months, but it was also a very introspective time. Similar to my time in Houston six months before, I used the alone-time to learn about myself and to do things I wanted to do. I took day trips around the region, only occasionally accompanied by friends and roommates. I spent a lot of time on the tarmac at the municipal airport nearby, watching the airplanes take off and land. I learned to cook better and enjoyed my extracurricular music classes. And I studied, hard, finally enjoying learning rather than viewing it as an impedance to fun.

Things got even better during the second semester. That's when I started this blog and when I began exploring who I was and what I was meant to do in this life. Although there was personal drama, which I've already explored in real time, it was a good year for learning. I investigated firsthand what it felt like to kiss a man, to experience mutual attraction to a man, to become afraid of that attraction and how to handle and control those feelings (usually by making the wrong choice and learning from it, in the case of the latter).

The only real story that's left to tell is the future. Going through all this backstory has been an interesting experience. I've never really thought about my homosexuality in sequential terms and it's been good, if not particularly enlightening, to see how each of those events from the past contributed to the man I am today. The future is dark and murky, and there are probably a few dragons lurking in the shadows, so I think it's time to close the history and see what happens next.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your backstory and letting people in what led you to being where you are. I'm exciting to see what's in the future for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wondering what comes next is what keeps me alive. Good luck with your next adventure, whatever that might be.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice, mmmmkay? I allow anonymous comments, but not anonymous (or even attributed) douchebaggery. The Gay Mormon Pioneer's tolerance for hate and venom are incredibly low, but his love of communication and debate are high, so have an opinion, but be kind and gentle when you share it.

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...